To: dnssec@cafax.se
From: Mark Kosters <markk@netsol.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 21:16:33 -0400
Delivery-Date: Sat Jul 14 03:22:03 2001
Sender: owner-dnssec@cafax.se
Subject: announcing opt-in demo

Hi

Along with the opt-in paper (as it currently stands), we have also
rolled out a pilot for one to look at and kick the tires.
The url for the pilot is http://www.dnssec.research.netsol.com. The
pilot showcases:

1) A web interface to three managed domains: gtld-dnssec.com, gtld-dnssec.org,
   and gtld-dnssec.net that one can edit the contents, secure and
   unsecure easily. The modified contents are reflected in a dnssec
   server (rfc 2535 variety). As the zone is secured/unsecured, the
   web interface talks to the backend database using a modified version
   of rrp.

2) A key management interface that is basically a webified interface to
   an enhanced version of rrp. Right now, people can select a domain (or
   domains) from a list to secure/unsecure. Once secured, one can see how
   it is reflected through the dnssec opt-in server.

3) An opt-in dnssec server that serves com/net/org and reflects changes to
   domains secured either in the key management interface or the web
   interface. Note that this is not currently real time (yet) but is
   updated every four hours starting at midnight.

4) A dig-like query interface for those who are dig-challenged.

Specifics should be on the web site in the FAQ's. If you have any
questions, feel free to ask.

Regards,
Mark

PS. Note that this is a pilot - it is not production. We have done this
to seek input and validate the relevant dnssec drafts that we need to
be concerned with (namely opt-in and parent-sig). As better ideas emerge,
we'll try to adjust the pilot accordingly.

--

Mark Kosters             markk@netsol.com       Verisign Applied Research

Home | Date list | Subject list