From: "Scott Rose" <scottr@antd.nist.gov>
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2001 16:24:09 -0400
Delivery-Date: Wed Jul 4 09:39:27 2001
Sender: owner-dnssec@cafax.se
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-dnsext-dnssec-opt-in-00.txt

----- Original Message -----
From: "Scott Rose" <scottr@antd.nist.gov>
To: "Roy Arends" <Roy.Arends@nominum.com>
Sent: Tuesday, July 03, 2001 4:23 PM
Subject: Re: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-dnsext-dnssec-opt-in-00.txt

This
> format
> than
> indicates that
> if a

> format.
> > >
> > > This bit is off limits to any use but to extend NXT to types with code
>
> 127.
> > > If you want to use a bit in NXT to define Opt-in there are few type
> codes
> > > that I can pull out of the hat to do that from the low number bits
> (SINK,
> > > MB, etc.) or we just reserve a new type code for this.
> >
> > Perfect. We could even use a bit >127 then.

 If the group decides to use a bit to determine the opt-in status (I haven't
decided if I like the idea or not - right now I'm leaning towards "not" but
don't have a better solution yet) - let's pick an unused number to avoid any
potential messy bugs with oddball zonefiles that may use exotic RR types
(like LOC, RP, etc).

 Just to be safe, and there are numbers to spare.

 Scott

Home | Date list | Subject list