To: <dnssec@cafax.se>
Cc: <lewis@tislabs.com>
From: "Scott Rose" <scottr@antd.nist.gov>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 13:21:26 -0400
Delivery-Date: Thu Jun 14 07:44:49 2001
Sender: owner-dnssec@cafax.se
Subject: Re: Verisign's opt-in twist

So in other words, the NXT chain in .test goes like this?

(other record omitted)

a.test    NS
a.test    NXT    b.test
b.test    NS
b.test    NXT    e.test
c.test    NS
e.test    NS
e.test    NXT    a.test

The NXT chain only covers the secured namespace?  I'm not sure if that's the
best solution since the unsecured names are no longer covered by the NXT
records.  It seems to be altering the definition/use of the NXT records -
which a lot of people don't like to begin with.

or am I not getting the picture?

Scott