To: dnsop@cafax.se
From: Rob Austein <sra+dnsop@hactrn.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 18:31:48 -0500
Sender: owner-dnsop@cafax.se
Subject: Re: morishita-dnsop-misbehavior-against-aaaa

At Tue, 18 Nov 2003 23:35:19 +0100, Iljitsch van Beijnum wrote:

> I don't see this problem:
>
>    "it is also obvious that it is important to
>     avoid fragmenting the name space available to IPv4 only hosts. I.e.
>     during transition it is not acceptable to break the name space that
>     we presently have available for IPv4-only hosts."
>
> If I run an IPv6-only service, why would IPv4-only systems need to be
> able to resolve my DNS names?

See draft-ietf-dnsop-ipv6-transport-guidelines-01.txt, soon to be in
WG last call.

The short answer is: sez here this is one Internet with two versions
of IP, and and the (public) DNS is supposed to look the same no matter
who or where you are, so anything in the (public) DNS that's visible
with one version of IP ought to be visible with the other.