To: Peter Koch <pk@TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE>
Cc: DNSOP WG <dnsop@cafax.se>, Edward Warnicke <eaw@cisco.com>
From: Randy Bush <randy@psg.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Jul 2003 17:03:34 -0700
Sender: owner-dnsop@cafax.se
Subject: Re: draft-warnicke-network-dns-resolution-02.txt

>> I'd have to check my notes to be certain, but I think that the WG
>> discussed this in San Francisco and decided not to make it a WG doc.
> not having been in San Francisco I do not know what the decision(oops?)
> was based upon, but here are some comments and more detailed remarks
> below:
> So, finally, based on the information currently available I'd agree that
> the draft not be adopted by the WG. An update of RFC 1101 would be
> interesting, though.

<ad hat on>

what i would most appreciate is one of
  o a statement by the wg that this is being taken on as a work item
  o a statement by the wg that this is NOT being taken on as a work
    item, but the wg has no problem with its publication as info
  o a statement by the wg that this should not be published for some
    stated set of reasons, or that it could be published but with a
    warning (text included).

randy, just tryin' to process a document