To: David Meyer <dmm@1-4-5.net>, dnsop@cafax.se
Cc: sra@hactrn.net, Soohong Daniel Park <soohong.park@samsung.com>
From: Syam Madanapalli <syam@samsung.com>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 16:20:22 +0530
Sender: owner-dnsop@cafax.se
Subject: Re: [DNSOP] Agenda Items for Vienna

Hello Dave,

We (Mr. Park and me) have recently submitted a draft for Automatic
Configuration of Domain Name for IPv6 Nodes, called
"IPv6 Extensions for DNS Plug and Play". This draft is available
at the following URL:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-park-ipv6-extensions-dns-pnp-00.tx

The technique that this draft proposes is called 6DNAC. 6DNAC
allows Automatic generation of Domain Name, Duplicate Domain
Name Detection and registration with the DNS Server. 6DNAC
proposes minor extensions to NDP Messages. The NDP messages
with extensions are backward compatible. 6DNAC is similar to
IPv6 Address construction and DAD.

I am wondering if we can discuss this draft in DNSOP WG
at 57th IETF Meeting, Vienna.

Thank you,
Syam