To: "DNSOP WG" <dnsop@cafax.se>
Cc: "autonet" <autonet@ipv6.or.kr>
From: "Jaehoon Jeong" <paul@etri.re.kr>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 14:32:00 +0900
Sender: owner-dnsop@cafax.se
Subject: Proposal for IPv6 DNS Autoconfiguration

Hello, dnsop members!

I posted my new draft of DNS autoconfiguration in IPv6 host,
of which title is "IPv6 Router Advertisement based DNS Autoconfiguration".

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-jeong-ipv6-ra-dns-autoconf-00.txt

In this draft, I descibed four configurations related to DNS as follows;
 a) Advertisement of domain and DNS server in a site
 b) Auto-generation of host DNS name based on the known domain
 c) Auto-registration of the host DNS name with the known DNS server
 d) Auto-configuration of recursive DNS server for DNS name resolution

My scheme is based on IPv6 Router Advertisement (RA).
I think it can be used together with DHCPv6's DNS-related options.

I welcome your comments on my idea.
I would like to know this draft is valuable enough to discuss
as working group draft.
Thanks a lot.

Regards,
Jaehoon