To: bert hubert <ahu@ds9a.nl>
Cc: dnsop@cafax.se
From: George Michaelson <ggm@apnic.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 10:43:09 +1000
Sender: owner-dnsop@cafax.se
Subject: Re: Radical Surgery proposal: stop doing reverse for IPv6.

> We've been through this discussion already, check the archives.

No search engine. MHonArc lists are not simple to find data in. Pointers?
(even year/month clues would be good)

> One of the
> conclusions reached was that deprecating something is not equal to
> discontinuing something. It might in fact render the IETF an 'irrelevant
> debating society', if it isn't already.
>
> Regards,
>
> bert

so is that a vote for or against?

also  "that was then: this is now"

I stress, RIR are not about to arbitrarily stop doing reverse. The question
is, why are we doing it? sure, 'you want us to' but also some of "you" are
beginning to say "maybe not"

-George
--
George Michaelson       |  APNIC