To: ple@graduate.kmitl.ac.th
Cc: mobile-ip@sunroof.eng.sun.com, dnsop@cafax.se, khj@etri.re.kr, paul@etri.re.kr
From: paul@etri.re.kr
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2003 09:50:36 +0900
Sender: owner-dnsop@cafax.se
Subject: =?euc-kr?B?W8D8w7zIuL3FXSBSZTogW21vYmlsZS1pcF0gTW9iaWxlSVB2NiBW?==?euc-kr?B?UyBETlM=?=

Title: [Àüüȸ½Å] Re: [mobile-ip] MobileIPv6 VS DNS

inline..

From: Warodom Werapun[ple@graduate.kmitl.ac.th]
To: Jaehoon Jeong
Cc:mobile-ip@sunroof.eng.sun.com; DNSOP WG
Subject: Re: [mobile-ip] MobileIPv6 VS DNS
Date: 2003/03/15 Sat 02:15

If we have change DNS Server IP with Anycast IP address.[in the future]
Then, MN doesn't need to configure any DNS IP address.
==> In the past, IPv6 wg tried to use anycast for DNS server discovery,
==> but because anycast has some problems, they gave up that approach.
==> Please look at the draft, http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipv6-dns-discovery-07.txt,
==>to see the problem of anycast. The related paragraph is as follows;
  On top of the classic problems (TCP sessions, ICMP messages,...) using
   an anycast address would hide the real locations of the recursive DNS
   servers to the stub resolver, prohibiting it to keep track of which
   servers are performing correctly.
==> This draft suggests a new approach in use of well-known site-local addresses for recursive DNS server.

But one problem remain, some networks can't use same network prefix.

How do you think about this solution?
==> I think the approach of site-local address is better than that of anycast.
==> But the limitation of site-local address approach is that all the networks should run recursive DNS server with
==> well-known site-local address(es) for recursive DNS server(s) in the managed network.
==> Thanks for your suggestion.

==> /Jaehoon
Regards,
- Warodom

>[mobile-ip] MobileIPv6 VS DNSHello, I am the author of this draft.
>http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-jeong-hmipv6-dns-optimization-00.txt
>(Title : The Autoconfiguration of Recursive DNS Server and
> the Optimization of DNS Name Resolution in Hierarchical Mobile IPv6)
>This draft is one of RA-based DNS discovery solutions.

Home | Date list | Subject list