To: Randy Bush <randy@psg.com>
Cc: dns op wg <dnsop@cafax.se>
From: Lars-Johan Liman <liman@autonomica.se>
Date: 10 Mar 2003 16:55:00 +0100
Sender: owner-dnsop@cafax.se
Subject: Re: chairs and charter

randy@psg.com:
> after creating this wg, providing substance and focus, and chairing
> it for a few years, liman and ray wish to rest on the laurels of
> the wg's successes.  also, they're each swamped with daytime work.

> dave meyer and rob austein have agreed to co-chair dnsop, lead
> drafting of a charter revision, etc.  dave brings deep ops view and
> ietf process experience, and rob dns and ietf depth.  i think they
> should make an excellent team and hope you will support them,

> i also hope that dave and rob can push the dnsop-ng vision in time
> for the sf meeting, with focus on things such as dnssec deployment,
> v4/v6 co-existence, dns discovery, ...  so expect a flurry of
> change between now and sf.

> and remember to buy liman and ray a beer in sf for their long
> stretch of getting this wg going and significant progress.

> randy

Mmm. That's what I call a kick in the groin, giving me less than a
week to go from a private announcement "you are going to be replaced",
to a public one, not even letting me announce it to the list myself to
the working gorup i chair.

And all this just as I had pursuaded my manager to realize what kind
of resources this will take, and allow me spend 1 working day/week
with IETF related work (which I was actually promised when I started
here, but which hasn't happend due to general downfall of the Internet
business, and other reality-related issues), and to the fact that we
ended up tied up in a development contract with the national Swedish
TLD domain name holder, and various operational contracts. No we're
out of the .SE TLD development contracts, and we've hired more
operational staff, and things have taken a turn in the right
direction.

So consider this my last-minute announcement to the effect that I will
continue to candidate as chair this working group if you want to have
me. I will of course step down, if there are voices for my
resignation.

I'll open up an agenda point for the floor at the IETF meeting, so you
can make your voices heard.

				Best regards,
				  /Lars-Johan Liman