To: David Conrad <david.conrad@nominum.com>
Cc: dnsop@cafax.se
From: "J-F C. (Jefsey) Morfin" <jefsey@club-internet.fr>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 01:20:31 +0100
Sender: owner-dnsop@cafax.se
Subject: Re: Why one port?

At 19:07 23/02/03, David Conrad wrote:
>Jfc,
>On Sunday, February 23, 2003, at 01:00  AM, J-F C. (Jefsey) Morfin wrote:
>>>Where is the ID that describes DNS+ services so I can read it?
>>It will be where we will have drafted it from the received inputs.
>
>This is pretty much exactly the opposite of the way things traditionally
>work in the IETF.  The idea behind IDs is they are submitted to prompt
>input and discussion.

I understand that. Seems very much as teaching the market before making a
market study. Lack of pre-brainstorming. May explain all the
post-braintearing? May be the reason why the DNS.2 still expected?

Frankly, don't you think there are far more competent people than me on
this list to write a draft on such a matter? However this topic belongs to
the dot-root project and such a draft is foreseen on an information basis.
But not before months, after the iterative specification mechanism I
descirbed; and probably a few pre-testings. Also by a team including a
better English writer that me :-). But I certainly want to share in it.

Or may be would you want to discuss it privately and try to build a draft
with a few other interested? My approach is user centered, list all what we
want first.
jfc