To: "'Pekka Savola'" <pekkas@netcore.fi>, "'David Conrad'" <david.conrad@nominum.com>
Cc: "'Randy Bush'" <randy@psg.com>, "'DNS Operations'" <dnsop@cafax.se>
From: "John M. Brown" <john@chagres.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 11:04:03 -0600
Sender: owner-dnsop@cafax.se
Subject: RE: anycast

Having your customers get proper and valid data, seems more
important than the query time.  Queries to the Root servers
should be a "rareish" thing as your local servers should be
caching those results.

So if it takes me 100ms to get a reply from a root, I won't
be asking it again for that data for quite some time, eg
hours, days, etc.

john brown
le geek