To: <john@chagres.net>
Cc: DNS Operations <dnsop@cafax.se>
From: David Conrad <david.conrad@nominum.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 17:54:30 -0700
Sender: owner-dnsop@cafax.se
Subject: Re: Interim signing of the root zone.

John,

From an external perspective, how is a properly implemented anycast root any
different than a unicast root advertised via a large network with multiple
peers?  In fact, the case documented in Dan's NANOG 25 slides was (I
believe) "capture" of a unicast root.

Anycast is completely orthogonal to the decision of whether or not to sign
the root.  Signing the root should be done.  Johan's draft proposes a way to
do that.  Can we try to keep the discussion on issues (if any) in his draft?

Rgds,
-drc
--------