To: mansaxel@sunet.se (Måns Nilsson)
Cc: dnsop@cafax.se
From: Bill Manning <bmanning@ISI.EDU>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 09:46:49 -0700 (PDT)
Sender: owner-dnsop@cafax.se
Subject: Re: Interim signing of the root zone.

% This is an excellent argument for DNSSEC, in my eyes at least.

	Yup. One of the best.

% Seems there is a to-do list forming here.

% * Get more eyeballs on the BIND 9<some version> failure scenarios with
%   signed root. Can those who reported these speak up?

	sure.  -caching failures with -0722 master and 9.2.1 cache.
	       only the NXT/SIG records are cached.
	       -apparent inability for 922rc1 slaves of -0722 masters
	 	from responding w/ SIG/KEY/NXT RRs from a signed zone.
		(+trace indicates the DNSSEC rrs are available from
		 -another authoritative server- but dig does not show
		this w/o the trace flag envolked.
	sam had some other information on resolver behaviour.

% * Fix those issues and get a stable 9.3 out.

	I'd be happy with another public snapshot.

--bill