To: Masataka Ohta <mohta@necom830.hpcl.titech.ac.jp>
Cc: edlewis@arin.net, namedroppers@ops.ietf.org, dnsop@cafax.se, dnssec@cafax.se
From: Edward Lewis <edlewis@arin.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 22:21:33 -0400
Sender: owner-dnsop@cafax.se
Subject: Re: dnssec discussion today at noon

Just to clarify what the meetings are for -

The noon DNSSEC meeting is to discuss plans for going forward on DS -
who's planning what, workshops upcoming, places where tutorials might
be given, etc.  The meeting assumes that the attendees are pushing
DNSSEC forward.  Also, there's no plan to discuss any issue with the
implementation/design of the protocol/specification.

The WG meetings are there to discuss the protocol itself, as per the
agendas distributed.  The DNSSEC meeting isn't intended to conflict
with the WG discussions.

If you want to argue whether DNSSEC is a good thing or not, I'm not
sure what is the best venue...

PS - Sorry to cross-post but time until the meetings is growing short.

At 10:48 AM +0900 7/16/02, Masataka Ohta wrote:
>>  > There will be a hastily-organized, informal gathering to talk about
>>  > where DNSSEC is (now that we see implementations of the DS record)
>>  > and is going.
>>
>>  by the way, i know this will come as a surprise, but there will also
>>  be an actual wg meeting of dnsext, where this subject will be covered.
>>  :-)
>
>To stimulate (or cool down?) the discussion, here is a theory on
>why DNSSEC (or public key cryptography as a whole) is unimportant.

Edward Lewis                                          +1-703-227-9854
ARIN Research Engineer

Home | Date list | Subject list