To: Edward Lewis <edlewis@arin.net>
cc: dnsop@cafax.se
From: Robert Elz <kre@munnari.OZ.AU>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 13:29:32 +0700
Sender: owner-dnsop@cafax.se
Subject: Re: is this proper behavior?

    Date:        Mon, 24 Jun 2002 17:40:05 -0400
    From:        Edward Lewis <edlewis@arin.net>

  | Being that I am familiar with BIND mostly, I did try to ask the
  | server for its version.bind/chaos/txt, and got a FORMERR response
  | back, so I have no clue as to the implementation

Sounds like djb's "thing" - his opinion was that if you asked his server
for something for which it hadn't been configured, it would simply ignore
you (no answer of any kind).

I think that's broken, but there's little that can be done to stop it,
if people don't want to send you packets, no matter what the circumstances,
there's nothing you can do to make them.

kre

Home | Date list | Subject list