To: ph10@cam.ac.uk
cc: dnsop@cafax.se
From: Pekka Savola <pekkas@netcore.fi>
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2002 11:28:20 +0200 (EET)
Sender: owner-dnsop@cafax.se
Subject: Re: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-dnsop-dontpublish-unreachable-03.txt

I'm not subscribed, so please keep the Cc:.

On Thu, 7 Feb 2002 Internet-Drafts@ietf.org wrote:
> This draft is a work item of the Domain Name Server Operations Working Group of the IETF.
>
> 	Title		: IP Addresses that should never appear in the public
>                           DNS
> 	Author(s)	: P. Hazel
> 	Filename	: draft-ietf-dnsop-dontpublish-unreachable-03.txt
> 	Pages		:
> 	Date		: 06-Feb-02

Just a comment on section 2 (and a few others).

This draft discusses resource records such that as if only forward records
existed.  Most of these problems are not seen in reverse zones due to the
way delegations work.  I'm not keen on adding e.g. 10.0.0.0 reverses to a
public nameservers, but IMO there's very little harm in doing so --
sometimes it even makes a little bit of sense.

Either the restrictions must be relaxed or more discussion added which
applies to reverse zones too.