To: Bruce Campbell <bruce.campbell@ripe.net>
CC: Kevin Darcy <kcd@daimlerchrysler.com>, dns op wg <dnsop@cafax.se>
From: Simon Coffey <sicoffey@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 16:46:10 +0000
Sender: owner-dnsop@cafax.se
Subject: Re: spurious updates

Title:
Hi
I've proposed a draft before that would reserve a TLD for use on private networks,  for exactly this kind of reason - to stop internal DNS naming structures leaking out to the internet in some way or another.    For example if psg were using psg.pri as their internal win2k domain, (not .com) I don't believe this sort of problem would occur.
(Oh, and yes, I'd prefer Win2k wouldnt do this kind of thing at all. But it does.)
regards
Simon Coffey

Bruce Campbell wrote:
Pine.LNX.4.44.0201291556190.3593-100000@x22.ripe.net">