To: <itojun@iijlab.net>
cc: <dnsop@cafax.se>
From: Philip Hazel <ph10@cus.cam.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 16:14:09 +0100 (BST)
Sender: owner-dnsop@cafax.se
Subject: Re: operationally (if not yet WG) related

On Thu, 20 Sep 2001 itojun@iijlab.net wrote:

>	(assuming that you are talking about the listener side) if you ignore
>	errors from bind(2) you should be able to do this.  On Solaris/OpenBSD/
>	FreeBSD/whatever, you will open two sockets with the code.  On Linux,
>	you will open AF_INET6 socket only (and you will grab both IPv4 and
>	IPv6 traffic).

Oh, sure. I've made Exim work in all cases.[*] I was just pointing out that
you can't just "listen on two sockets" on all platforms, without taking
into account these differences.

[*] It is listen() rather than bind() that fails. Exim ignores the error
iff it is EADDRINUSE and previously a successful listen() was done on an
IPv6 socket.

ph10@cus.cam.ac.uk      Cambridge, England. Phone: +44 1223 334714.

Home | Date list | Subject list