To: Daniel Senie <dts@senie.com>
cc: ngtrans@sunroof.eng.sun.com, namedroppers@ops.ietf.org, ipng@sunroof.eng.sun.com, dnsop@cafax.se
From: Robert Elz <kre@munnari.OZ.AU>
Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2001 22:44:44 +0700
Sender: owner-dnsop@cafax.se
Subject: Re: (ngtrans) Joint DNSEXT & NGTRANS summary

    Date:        Wed, 08 Aug 2001 11:13:52 -0400
    From:        Daniel Senie <dts@senie.com>

  | Not to mention melting the 'net under ever increasing DNS load, since we'd
  | no longer be able to cache anything.

Huh???

No-one ever said anything about changing the definition or use of the
TTL field in DNS replies.   If you get a TTL that says an address is
valid for a day, then you can keep using it for a day without checking
again.  Or you can check again every 5 minutes if you want to, but
the answers will just keep coming back from your local cache, each with
a TTL 5 minutes shorter than the previous time...

kre

Home | Date list | Subject list