To: ngtrans@sunroof.eng.sun.com, namedroppers@ops.ietf.org, ipng@sunroof.eng.sun.com, dnsop@cafax.se
From: "D. J. Bernstein" <djb@cr.yp.to>
Date: 20 Jul 2001 06:44:50 -0000
Automatic-Legal-Notices: Copyright 2001, D. J. Bernstein. My transmission of this message to you does not constitute a copyright waiver or any other limitation of my rights, even if you have told me otherwise.
Subject: Re: NGtrans - DNSext joint meeting, call for participation

1. I won't be at the meeting. However, I strongly support elimination of
A6/DNAME: http://cr.yp.to/djbdns/killa6.html

2. There's a common error in the evaluation of DNSSEC signing costs. I'd
like to draw attention to a new section that I've added to my web page
to analyze this error: http://cr.yp.to/djbdns/killa6.html#signingcosts

3. I don't understand why this is an ngtrans issue rather than an ipngwg
issue. The question is not how to move smoothly to A6/DNAME; the
question is whether we want A6/DNAME at all.

---Dan

Home | Date list | Subject list