To: "Bill Manning" <bmanning@ISI.EDU>, "Alain Durand" <Alain.Durand@sun.com>
Cc: <ngtrans@sunroof.eng.sun.com>, <ipng@sunroof.eng.sun.com>, <dnsop@cafax.se>, <randy@psg.com>, <tony@tndh.net>, <fink@es.net>, "Olafur Gudmundsson" <ogud@ogud.com>, "karl@cavebear. com" <karl@cavebear.com>, "Simon Higgs" <simon@higgs.com>, <richard@vrx.net>, "Lynn" <lynn@icann.org>, "mueller@syr. edu" <mueller@syr.edu>, <mcade@att.com>, "krose@ntia. doc. gov" <krose@ntia.doc.gov>, "froomkin@law. miami. edu" <froomkin@law.miami.edu>, "joppenheimer@icbtollfree. com" <joppenheimer@icbtollfree.com>, "Chuck Gomes" <cgomes@VERISIGN.COM>
From: "Jim Fleming" <JimFleming@prodigy.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 05:53:58 -0500
Sender: owner-dnsop@cafax.se
Subject: "test root servers"

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bill Manning" <bmanning@ISI.EDU>
To: "Alain Durand" <Alain.Durand@sun.com>
Cc: <ngtrans@sunroof.eng.sun.com>; <ipng@sunroof.eng.sun.com>;
<dnsop@cafax.se>; <randy@psg.com>; <tony@tndh.net>; <fink@es.net>; "Olafur
Gudmundsson" <ogud@ogud.com>
Sent: Friday, July 20, 2001 4:29 AM
Subject: Re: draft-ietf-ngtrans-dns-ops-req-00.txt

> NOTE WELL:
> this e-mail is not in accordance with the all requirements of section 10
> of RFC2026 ... in particular, I haven't given due credit to those who
taught
> me to read and write (frankly, I don't remember who they were), and vast
> numbers of other people, all of whom contributed to my getting to where I
> am today...  However, I make no copyright claims to it, use it how you
will.
> I also have no patents, pending or issued, on any of the technology (or
ever
> ideas) discussed herein.  "IETF" might be a trade mark, so might "RFC",
but
> they don't belong to me.
>
> In section seven, you call out for the desire to have native IPv6
transport
> aware DNS servers for the inverse mapping of the IPv6 address tree. While
> I can't speak to the IP6.ARPA proposal, the IP6.INT domain has had native
> IPv6 servers for nearly a year and the INT domain has had a native IPv6
> server for 6 months.  An informal sub-group of the RSSAC has had working,
> test root servers, that are native IPv6 aware for a little over a year.
>
> So there is a community with some emperical experience with these issues.
>

> --
> --bill

Are the "test root servers" using 2002:<IPv4>:0000 style addressing ?

Has the ICANN Board approved these alternative root servers ?

Are there native IPv6 .COM servers?

http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/ietf/Current/msg12524.html
RFC-2001-06-27-001 - Obtaining IPv8 Address Allocations

Jim Fleming
http://www.unir.com/images/architech.gif
http://www.unir.com/images/address.gif
http://www.unir.com/images/headers.gif