To: dnsop@cafax.se
From: Kevin Darcy <kcd@daimlerchrysler.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 11:57:12 -0400
Sender: owner-dnsop@cafax.se
Subject: Re: RFC 1034 and RFC 1035 updates : 1996 and 2136

"All of the servers for the zone" means all of the nameservers which are
available to authoritatively answer queries for the zone. If the master is not
available to answer queries for the zone, i.e. when it is a so-called "hidden
master", then it doesn't need to be listed in the NS RRset. "Stealth" slaves,
i.e. slaves which are not listed in the NS RRset, are also perfectly legal.

- Kevin