To: Kenneth Porter <shiva@well.com>
cc: "dnsop@cafax.se" <dnsop@cafax.se>
From: Mats Dufberg <dufberg@nic-se.se>
Date: Sat, 12 May 2001 22:07:56 +0200 (CEST)
Sender: owner-dnsop@cafax.se
Subject: Re: Should a nameserver know about itself?

On Fri, 11 May 2001, Kenneth Porter wrote:

> >	non-authoritative
> >	SOA mismatches across supplied nameservers
> >	NS listing mismatches across supplied nameservers (both what they
> >		supply and whats in the actual zone file)
>
> How tolerant are you of transient mismatches? One would expect them
> during zone updates.

Speaking of the SE TLD, we always reject updates where we find any
difference in SOA serial, SOA mail address, NS records or A records
corresponding to necessary glue records between any of the nameservers.

Mats

Mats Dufberg                                     +46-8-545 857 06
dufberg@nic-se.se                           fax: +46-8-545 857 29

Home | Date list | Subject list