To: Robert Elz <kre@munnari.OZ.AU>
cc: dnsop@cafax.se
From: Jerry Scharf <scharf@vix.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2001 07:39:39 -0800
Sender: owner-dnsop@cafax.se
Subject: Re: Bogus nic.fr behavior

> You mean if I send in hundreds of delegation requests (for domains I
> administer I mean, not hijacking or similar) naming your servers as
> authoritative for the zones (and perhaps giving bogus glue records
> for your servers as well), you're going to be quite content with that
> when the registry doesn't bother to check, and simply lists the data
> that was sent to them.
>
> Or, if they do check, should then then listen to me when I claim
> "I know what I am doing, I have been administering the DNS longer
> than you have, put in the records I want, they will do what I think
> is correct" ?

That in an unbeleivabe distortion of the original post. You are describing a
clueless move, and I agree with making sure that servers listed are not lame.
We are talking here about subtle interpretations of the DNS specifications and
I think in those cases we do need to have some latitude to let people have
rope.

jerry

Home | Date list | Subject list