To: Robert Elz <kre@munnari.OZ.AU>, Jerry Scharf <scharf@vix.com>
Cc: dnsop@cafax.se
From: Harald Alvestrand <Harald@Alvestrand.no>
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2001 10:14:44 +0100
Sender: owner-dnsop@cafax.se
Subject: Re: Bogus nic.fr behavior

At 14:27 08/02/2001 +0700, Robert Elz wrote:
>Or, if they do check, should then then listen to me when I claim
>"I know what I am doing, I have been administering the DNS longer
>than you have, put in the records I want, they will do what I think
>is correct" ?

I actually had to use quite forceful language with one of the newer
registars to convince them that my authoritiative server, which was not a
server for any (other) domain under their registration, was a "valid
nameserver".

It seems they had adopted an opinion that the only valid nameservers were
those listed as NS already in the .com zone....or something.

incompetence is not limited to the registrant side of that relationship...

--
Harald Tveit Alvestrand, alvestrand@cisco.com
+47 41 44 29 94

Home | Date list | Subject list