To: perry@wasabisystems.com (Perry E. Metzger)
Cc: moore@cs.utk.edu (Keith Moore), randy@psg.com (Randy Bush), he@runit.no (Havard Eidnes), seamus@bit-net.com, users@ipv6.org, dnsop@cafax.se, ngtrans@sunroof.eng.sun.com
From: Bill Manning <bmanning@isi.edu>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2001 10:04:12 -0800 (PST)
Sender: owner-dnsop@cafax.se
Subject: Re: (ngtrans) Re: IPv6 dns

% It has occurred to me for some time that we should be willing to
% supply host routes for the root servers in the default free
% zone. We're only talking about a tiny number of servers, and it is the
% only service for which this is necessary. Yes, it would end up adding
% a dozen extra routes to the tables, but I think that in general it is
% probably the right way to go.
%
% Anyone else have thoughts on that notion?
%
% Perry
%

THe last time it was seriously raised was at the Joint IETF/ISOC mtg in
Montreal. The failure modes are pretty spectactular, at least until
DNSsec is deployed and applications can verify the accuracy of the data
received from a root server.

--
--bill

Home | Date list | Subject list