To: Peter Gradwell <peter@gradwell.com>
cc: dnsop@cafax.se
From: "Donald E. Eastlake 3rd" <dee3@torque.pothole.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 09:45:46 -0500
Sender: owner-dnsop@cafax.se
Subject: Re: placement of secondary name servers for .uk.

I'd be sure to think about rates of growth in different parts of the
Internet rather than worrying about exact current levels of traffic.
Even if, for example, asian traffic is currently low, it seems like an
area that will grow very rapidly.  In fact, I don't see that you could
go that far wrong by using one server per continent as a starting
point and adjusting from there with a few extra is the US and Europe.
It would also seem generaly a waste to put any in places that are
blocked from a significant part of the Internet.

Thanks,
Donald